One of our most popular festivals in winter is two-humped Thousand Bactrian Camel Festival. This festival has been organized every year since 1997 in the Gobi Desert.
Aim of this festival is to draw people’s attention to camels for protecting and breeding camels continuously in the future and the best management of increasing living values of camel.
This festival takes place in March 6 and 7 for 2 days in Bulgan soum in South-Gobi province.
The main events are:
- Festival Opening Ceremony
- Parade of camel riders
- Camel Polo
- Best looking couple on a beautiful couple camel back and etc.,
DETAILED ITINERARY - DAY BY DAY
- Accommodation during the local trip
- Driver+4WD vehicle+petrol
- English speaking tour guide/cook/
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Camel, horse riding with local guide
- Bottled water supply for 1.5 liter p.p everyday
- Entrance fees for the national parks and museum
- Visa support & invitation letter
- Sleeping bag
International airfare Personal Items Optional activity costs Alcoholic drinks Accommodation in UB city Travel & medical insurance Tips for driver & guide
Mongolia has the largest population of Bactrian camel in the world, whereas Umnugobi aimag is the habitat for two humped camels.